Thursday, February 11, 2010

Photo A Day - Day 13 - February 10, 2010

Yesterday was a crazy busy day!  I helped at Princess's Pioneer Day for 4 hours that morning.  I didn't get a chance to post the pictures yesterday so here they are today!
Our Johnny Cake station!  The kids helped us mix up batches of Johnny cakes.  There are 5 third grade classes and we made two batches each so we made 10 batches of Johnny cakes in 4 hours.  The time flew by!
Princess with her BFF!  (Princess's BFF's mom watched the Knight and the Duke for me so I could go!)
Mixing the Johnny Cakes!
Princess's turn!
Johnny Cakes!  I didn't actually taste one but most of the kids seemed to like them.  They were basically pancakes with the additional ingrediate of cornmeal

Princess and her BFF had a play date after school yesterday too.  The Pioneer Day fun continued until supper time!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered how a Johnny cake would taste -- and then I think the pioneers would probably rather have pancakes -- if they had the choice :)

    ReplyDelete